Friday, August 3, 2007

Childhood Chapter 01-08

The biggest challenge was…


When we arrive every Thursday afternoon to my Grandfather's big house, we arrive to a big live festival; which goes on for 30 hours.

Let me explain, first my grand father was marred to two wives, having nine daughters and five sons from the ages of 5 to 19.

Therefore, it is exciting to meat all these people and play all kinds of games, the honest ones, and the dirty ones too.

Second, my grandfather's place is a combination of two houses in one big fenced yard consisted of grass, small swimming pool and lots of trees and palm trees. High surrounding walls imprisoned all this beauty.


By the way, palm tree is the national logo of Saudi Arabia. Moreover, those walls are getting taller and uglier.

Check http://margraves.blogspot.com/

Beside all that, our neighbors were very social and allowed us to play with their girls too.


All the friends I still have until now are from that time and area.
…………………………………………………………………………………………
My Grandfather


He was a mountain of hospitality, generosity, wisdom, courage, toughness and a man of word.


He had a gigantic cloud of esteemed reputation and dignity.


Every Friday, after Friday's prayer he would invite people he does not know, to share his lunch with them.

He would simply grab someone's hand and tells him "you know what? There is a lunch invitation by one of the neighbors that we are going to.

Just accompany us.

" Most of those men are workers and foreign residents, who would go after that Friday's prayer to eat their lunches in some restaurants .

In addition, he wanted to give them a free lunch without embarrassing them.

................................................................................................................


He used to walk very long distant every day without asking others to give him a ride. Even when his oldest son (my father) had a car, he would not bother asking him for any help.


Although my father is the oldest son, he (my grandfather) had gotten marred several times after my father's mom passed away "he had seven wives including my father's mom, and other sons and daughters. But he never kept more then one wife, except the last two wives at the same time." My father said. "Some of them died before they had children, some of them had children but they and their children died after several epidemics. Like smallpox, tuberculosis, pestilence and measles.

There was also a divorce.

He ones divorced his wife just because she sent him a letter telling him to quit his job and get back to her, after 3 months of hard journey looking for a source of income.


Like me, he does not like to be told what to do.

He was dedicated to Society, Islam, and his family.
I mean it by sorting.


This is a moment of truth but,,,


I will get back to my Disneyland. On my next blog.

No comments: